Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Swifty



Okay, I know this is crazy, but I have been wanting to knit one of these mop covers in the Mason Dixon book for sometime. I altered it a bit, as I wanted it to fit the wider mop that does my hardwood floors. The washable mop thing that came with it is just about had it and I thought that knitting a new one might be just the ticket. Instead of the 45 stitches cast on for a standard sponge mop, I cast on 68 stitches for the wider head. I also made 4 buttonholes instead of the two called for in the pattern. I washed it and dried it prior to sewing on the buttons to insure a tight fit, especially important, as they want the mop cloth dampened prior to using on your hardwood floors. Well, it was a quick knit. Not pretty and I won't be wearing it anytime soon, but it will get a lot of use.....

No comments:

Post a Comment