Wednesday, October 10, 2012

More Knitting

I have been doing a lot of knitting lately.  The cooler weather is a welcome relief after such a long, hot summer.  I have many, many projects ahead of me but I am seriously trying to knit one or two at a time and not have bags of uncompleted projects.   Wish me luck on that one, it has been a challenge in the past. 

Last Fall I went to the Black Water Abbey trunk show at Shuttles.  Marilyn King had many sample sweaters to try on and the yarn and patterns to complete the project.  I love her yarn and I have become a big fan of the designer, Bonnie Marie Burns.  She sells her patterns under the brand, Chic Knits.  I have knitted more than a few of her patterns and they are well written and the fit seems to work for me.  I was itching to get started on the pattern, Derica Kane.  I purchased the DK Black Water Abbey yarn in the colorway, Autumn.  I really thought the color would be great for Fall and it would get me out of the blue/green phase I have been stuck in forever.  The pattern was a simple lace pattern and although I HATE LACE, I did manage to complete the sweater if I removed myself from any obvious distraction.  Television, Phone calls and most importantly a retired and bored husband who wants to chat........ Love the DK weight of the sweater and the neckline. 

A few weeks ago we made another of our Nebraska road trips.  Went to see Coventry to celebrate her 6th birthday.  I had knitted her a sweater from a Plymouth yarn that self stripes and mimics a fair isle design.  I used the neckdown children's pullover pattern from Knitting Pure & Simple.  It was so easy and it fit her perfectly with a bit of room to grow.  I love knitting these patterns.  They are so easy and a great project to take to group knitting. 





Also posting a photo of the Balloon Fiesta held in Albuquerque, New Mexico, that we just got back from.  The early mornings and late nights were totally worth it to see over five hundred balloons ascend the early dawn sky.  What fun.  So glad we went. 












No comments:

Post a Comment