Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Twisted V Pullover


I finished this sweater in record time. The pattern is in Simple Style by Ann Budd. It is my first long sleeved pullover. I was attracted to the pattern after my good friend, Judy Pearce, told me about it and said " I think this pattern would look good on you". The pattern was easy, no side seams. Did have to pay attention to the chart for the ribbed shaping. The V neck is a bit deep. I may add a few rows before decreasing next time. I used Knit Picks DK City Tweed in the colorway, Enchanted. It is a pretty forest green with lots of tweedy specks. Really liked the yarn. It called for 8 skeins, I used 7, with a bit leftover. Knitted the 34-36 bust size. It fits great, maybe a bit too great. Hugs the curves you might say. I would make this again, but maybe add a few inches in length, adjust the neck decreases, but definitely make again. I love the DK weight. I may have hubby take a photo of me wearing it, you'll get a better idea on the fit.

1 comment: