Thursday, May 3, 2012

Color Affection Shawl, and Family

Started the Color Affection Shawl at our knitting retreat in Buena Vista.  Good friend and fellow knitter, Christie Ott, showed me the design and I thought it would be a good one to knit as it was pretty mindless but yet fun enough to keep my interest.  Used three different colorways of Madeline Tosh fingering yarn.  Loved the results and will probably cast on a second one. 
Also finished another Coventry sweater at the retreat.  It is a pattern called Chloe by Alana Dakos.  The original pattern was knitted in three different yarns and striped but I decided to go more neutral and added the crocheted flowers that I purchased at Colorful Yarns.  It is a shrug that she can wear for the summer.  Hope to get some photos of her wearing it when we attend my son-in-law, John's, graduation from Creighton.  He is getting his masters degree in business.  Yea! 




The family photos were taken at White Fence Farm at Easter.  The older young man in the photo sitting next to me is my grandson Andrew.  Andrew is a junior this year at CSU, majoring in engineering and computer programming.   The little guy with his face painted as Spider Man is my great grandson, Jackson.  Jackson is majoring in preschool......and is four years old last month.  Love them both.  Boy, how time flies.

2 comments:

  1. Love the shawl! What handsome young men in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shawl looks great and Coventry's shrug is adorable :) Great photos of your grandson and great-grandson!

    ReplyDelete