Saturday, May 26, 2012

It started out with our trip to Nebraska. We were going to attend our son-in-law's graduation from Creighton University, he was getting his MBA. The trip did not exactly go as planned. We attended the hooding ceremony, ( my first experience seeing that ), and then a lovely reception was held afterwards. The next afternoon my husband Paul, was kindly asked by my daughter, Jennifer, if he could install 3 light fixtures. Well, the first two light fixtures were installed without a hitch, but you know the saying, "the third one"s a charm", well not so charming. Hubby took a misstep on a six foot ladder and broke his ankle in two places and fractured his fibula as well. A quick trip to the local ER in Papillion, NB, revealed a rather gruesome exray. The orthopedist there told us he would need surgery but most likely back in Colorado, as he was much too swollen to do it there. So a few days later we made the long trip home with hubby in the back seat of the car, equipped with ice, 4 pillows and a urinal (quite handy)..... Well, what is a knitter to do but knit him a lovely cast sock to keep his purple toes warm. I thought the shade of purple I chose was quite lovely and it could go quite nicely with his Rockies shirts. While in Nebraska I gave Coventry her little shrug to try on and it fit perfectly. I love knitting for her. When we arrived home, our precious neighbor in back of us, Teri, came over with a wonderful dinner for us. The desserts were too pretty to eat, but we did anyway. Had to take a photo of them before the disappeared in our tummies. It will be a very loooooooooong summer. The hubby needed surgery on his ankle and leg. It will be a good ten weeks before he has another surgery to remove the long screw that goes through both the tibia and fibula. After that who knows? I assume we are in for PT and rehab. My house looks like a hospital ward with wheelchair, walker and crutches. He adorns the couch in the family room and baths in the powder room as he cannot tackle stairs yet. I think I will be getting a lot of knitting done........

2 comments:

  1. The sock is perfect. The desserts to die for! You'll have a very productive knitting summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Paul! I hope he's feeling better. Love the sock you knit for him :) Coventry looks adorable in her shrug and those desserts look fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete