Sunday, June 14, 2009

So I'm Knitting Again.....

Three months of having a 2 and 4 year old underfoot 24/7, really cut into my knitting time. I was reduced to very simple things, you know, like dishcloths. Love them, they are practical and my daughter Jenn took several to her new home in Nebraska, but I am over dishcloths......over....over....over.
So what else have I accomplished. Well, I finished a beautiful Montego Bay scarf in the Handmaiden Sea Cell, color is a bright turquoise and has a beautiful blue running through it here and there. Although the fishnet lace pattern was a bit tedious with all the K2tog's, it was easy and I love the yarn. Light as a feather and so silky......
Nest I finished and blocked the Cheryl Oberle, Wool Peddler Shawl. This is a project that I and my good friend Gail, bought to make shawls for an upcoming trip to Ireland next year. She picked a burgundy wine color and I picked a beautiful teal green. We used Cascade 220 Superwash, great yarn and blocked beautifully. Would use this yarn again for worsted weight projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment